About Us - Coaches
Who are our coaches?
Our Level 1 coaches are:
- Jonathan Mackenzie - Level 1 Foil Coach (July 2013)
- Hugh Wheeler - Level 1 Foil Coach (January 2020)
Our Head Coach is Jenny Cassidy. Jenny is a Level 2 qualified coach in all three weapons (foil, épée, sabre) through the National Coaching Accreditation Scheme (NCAS), and amongst other things has been:
- Coach/Manager for the Australian Veterans' Team 2007-2008-2009
- Qualified as an international referee in all three weapons 1993 (the first woman in the world to qualify for sabre!)
- Member of the Australian Fencing Federation (AFF) Referees Commission
- Author of the competencies for officials (referees, timers, scorers, technical personnel) for the AFF
- Author of an the AFF Refereeing Manual
- Author of a manual on how to DT a competition
- Author of a booklet for club coaches needing a 10 week structured, teaching lesson plan
For information on any of her manuals, or to purchase a copy, please contact us.
We always ensure that there is at least 1 person trained in first aid on any given club night. We also maintain a first aid kit and an asthma kit on the premises.
Last edited on 30th April, 2021